Monday, January 3, 2011

17 (or 19) Words for 2011

I don't recall where I got this list, but I've been carrying it in my wallet for years. The idea is, when faced with difficult circumstances, one of these 17 actions is likely to be the key to moving ahead. It may not be particularly writer-oriented, but I've found it useful in both professional and personal situations. I'm passing it along in the hope it may help you in some way in your 2011 writing life:

17 Words


Accept
Act
Believe
Care
Change
Choose
Focus
Forgive
Listen
Persist
Pray
Prepare
Relax
Risk
Smile
Trust
Wait


Since getting the original list, I've penciled in two additional words of my own: Rest and Ask.
From the original list, I often find Listen, Persist and Wait to be the most effective.


Have any words to add?

2 comments:

Middle-aged Diva (Carol) said...

I really love this. Thanks for sharing it.

Roz Morris aka @Roz_Morris . Blog: Nail Your Novel said...

Great post, Lisa - for writing and much else.